GXWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Current Situation

+9
Brandinhooo
Zacksaberjr
Kevin Zulli
Antonio "Apex" Diaz
Jack The Ripper
Syrius Krash
defjam
Draco
GM The Bouncer
13 posters

Go down

Our Current Situation Empty Our Current Situation

Post  GM The Bouncer Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:15 pm

The TWG higher-ups decided that it would be a good idea to implement new "features" to federations. This includes budget penalties for not booking everybody who is under contract. Unfortunately, we were not given a warning of when this will occur, and they just wanted to add it to the game out of nowhere. Because of this, we are currently 32k FEs in debt. We apparently have a one week grace period before it is in full effect. Once in full effect, federations will not be able to air shows while under a negative account balance. Since we have lots of people under contract, we'd be taking big penalties each week since each show, we can only officially book 20 people. We have almost 50 people, so there will be big cuts soon. This is what happens when they decide to implement such a massive feature in the middle of a season. It would also be easier to manage it if they didn't reset our budget every season.

With that said, I could rant about how ludicrous this "feature" is, but I would rather let you guys know where that leaves all of us first. Seeing how our budget is trending, we will not be able to air shows in a few weeks time, so we will be forced to close GXWS. Yes, you read that correctly. GXWS is closing in a few weeks time, but this time, I want to have some closure with the federation. We will air this SNF and Bashiversary 2020 as we were normally going to do, but not every storyline will be resolved, so I would not want to end it right there. I think it would be best if we wrap things up with Toxic VII, which would come full circle since Toxic was our first ever PPV. We can go out with a bang. My goal is for the PPV to be so goddamn good that they will regret adding this ridiculous budget "feature".

So how many shows will we have between Bashiversary 2020 and Toxic VII? I don't know. It depends on how much we make per show. I can make a more accurate guess after SNF and definitely after Bashiversary 2020. What can really help is if I restructure some of your contracts to give 5k FEs if you're making more than that. Feel free to PM me storyline ideas for how you would like your story arc to end. I will be messaging some of you with my ideas, and we can plan from there.

This is all very unfortunate, but let's not dwell on the negatives for now. Let's make sure that we keep our heads high and put on one heck of a final tour!!
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

https://gxwswrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Our Current Situation Empty Re: Our Current Situation

Post  Draco Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Well ain’t this some bullshit, there isn’t a massive amount of feds. Can we do more shows to compensate? Like an AEW dark? Or a NXT? developmental league? Some stupid shit like that. It’s just a booking show. No editing required? Idk if that’ll compromise your integrity or not.

THIS ISDONKEY SHIT
Draco
Draco
Main eventer
Main eventer

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 pm

No matter how many shows we run, we are still going to be deducted from the total amount of everyone's contracts each week. And since I am not stingy with fan counts, we don't make a net profit from each show. The other federations could manage because their roster members have a ridiculous amount of fans, but we are essentially being punished for accepting everyone no matter their level or fan count.

Also, it's against the rules to air shows with just matches.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 pm

This is some bs. TWG can suck air out of my fart box
Draco
Draco
Main eventer
Main eventer

Back to top Go down

Post  defjam Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:12 pm

If it helps, i can work overtime and have rps made for a new show for whoever wrestles on it (that doesn't already rp) if there is any other way i can be useful, please let me know.
defjam
defjam
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrius Krash Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Well, that fricking sucks. Is it possible to talk to the higher-ups to maybe grant us an exception? GXWS is the fed that literally accepts everyone and introduces them to the world of RP, so I feel like there is some leniency to be had, ESPECIALLY since this new rule came out of nowhere. I really enjoy doing this despite my short tenure, and I don't want to see this cut so short again.

If that doesn't work, is there a way to do a "soft reset"? Like maybe we can "retire" the federation but just make a new fresh one with a full budget to escape the debt?

And honestly, even if this does get "shut down" again, I wouldn't be opposed to literally just keeping the shows in like a Google Doc format. I'm having loads of fun with these storylines, and I want to keep doing them, regardless of whether or not it's still hosted on the official TWG website. It would require a considerable amount of more effort, but we can't have GXWS go out like this again.

But honestly this is some bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsh*t. And we aint going down like this. Not without a fight.

EDIT: is it possible to make any contracts lower than 5kFE? Because I will gladly go unpaid if it means I get to keep doing this.
Syrius Krash
Syrius Krash
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 pm

defjam wrote:If it helps, i can work overtime and have rps made for a new show for whoever wrestles on it (that doesn't already rp) if there is any other way i can be useful, please let me know.

I appreciate the offer. The thing with this is that it'll make it easier for us to run a couple more shows per week, but I am not about to overwork you guys, and we would still have a net loss for each show and eventually go bankrupt.

Syrius Krash wrote:Well, that fricking sucks. Is it possible to talk to the higher-ups to maybe grant us an exception? GXWS is the fed that literally accepts everyone and introduces them to the world of RP, so I feel like there is some leniency to be had, ESPECIALLY since this new rule came out of nowhere. I really enjoy doing this despite my short tenure, and I don't want to see this cut so short again.

If that doesn't work, is there a way to do a "soft reset"? Like maybe we can "retire" the federation but just make a new fresh one with a full budget to escape the debt?

And honestly, even if this does get "shut down" again, I wouldn't be opposed to literally just keeping the shows in like a Google Doc format. I'm having loads of fun with these storylines, and I want to keep doing them, regardless of whether or not it's still hosted on the official TWG website. It would require a considerable amount of more effort, but we can't have GXWS go out like this again.

But honestly this is some bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsh*t. And we aint going down like this. Not without a fight.

EDIT: is it possible to make any contracts lower than 5kFE? Because I will gladly go unpaid if it means I get to keep doing this.

The soft reset idea won't work. If I did resign as GM even for just one day, they wouldn't allow any federations in until June or July. I would not want to make you guys wait that long for us to possibly go bankrupt once again (because I am still not changing my policy of allowing people with low fan counts in). As for the Google Doc, it goes back to me not wanting to burn anybody out. Matches would be much more difficult to generate, and as it will require more work, some people may be discouraged from doing E-feds, and I would not want any of you guys to grow to dislike them.

And unfortunately, 5k is indeed the minimum, but Defjam Jr did give me a good idea that I am asking the GML about.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  defjam Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:52 pm

If we have a plan to bring the fed back, i will 100% wait around to help out when GXWS returns. Just lmk the plan. I dont play TWG outside of this, though if doing that would be more beneficial, ill do my best to play. Im fine with doing whatever i gotta do to help out.
defjam
defjam
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:53 pm

I am not sure if the GML will budge much though since he is already giving me some leniency, if you want to call it that. Here is pretty much how things went down.

About a month ago, the GML asked each individual GM how they thought about contract penalties because they might consider adding it in the future. I gave him my opinion, and I didn't hear anything again until a few days ago when he just pretty much said "Oh hey guys by the way we are adding that contract penalty feature due to popular demand, good luck!". After I got that message, I went to look at our funding and our budget was down to -220k so naturally, I messaged back. I guess a couple of others did too, so he is giving us a month of grace period before the new rules kick in. Now we're "only" 32k in debt. Fortunately, there is a bailout feature which allows us to spend 1000 roster points to get 200k FEs, which is what will keep us afloat for a bit. You can only use the feature once per season though, and we only have 1145 points anyways.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:54 pm

defjam wrote:If we have a plan to bring the fed back, i will 100% wait around to help out when GXWS returns. Just lmk the plan. I dont play TWG outside of this, though if doing that would be more beneficial, ill do my best to play. Im fine with doing whatever i gotta do to help out.

If they get rid of the feature, I may consider coming back for a return, but I do not want to run the fed in a platform that discourages allowing new accounts in.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack The Ripper Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:59 am

Sadness, I have having great time here
Jack The Ripper
Jack The Ripper
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonio "Apex" Diaz Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 am

Well this is sad news 😬
Antonio
Antonio "Apex" Diaz
Jobber
Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Zulli Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:07 pm

ouch this blows!! but lets not be sad just yet. like tb said let's put on a hell of a last few shows.
Kevin Zulli
Kevin Zulli
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Zacksaberjr Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 pm

This is bad and upsetting
Zacksaberjr
Zacksaberjr
Main eventer
Main eventer

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandinhooo Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:35 pm

noooooooo i never got to face aj hale in a bra and panties match Sad
Brandinhooo
Brandinhooo
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  a.j. hale Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am

I hate this bs from the TWG and they need to stop shut federations down and lets do what we do best and put on the damn fucking fighting shows. I'm a fighter of GXWS and I rather die than see GXWS get shut down again.
a.j. hale
a.j. hale
World champion
World champion

Back to top Go down

Post  sajace Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:34 am

Honestly they should get rid of the money side of things it affects literally nothing. Like I’m not in this fed cuz of the FE I make for the shows lol. As long as we put on a show what does it matter. This FE thing is ruining everything. This is BS

sajace
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRealAvric Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:41 pm

fuuuuuck i never got to make my official in ring return
TheRealAvric
TheRealAvric
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Electrify Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:58 am

Abdel is a Moroccan cunt. TWG is tawdry. Rikishi is a fag.
Electrify
Electrify
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Zulli Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:29 pm

call me paranoid but maybe the other gms agreed to do this because they knew itll fuck with us, so we could close and give them all of our rpers scratch

joke is on them lol because i only came back for this fed
Kevin Zulli
Kevin Zulli
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRealAvric Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:23 am

LMAO check this out. this was in response to me calling him out in his roleplay where he flat out quits on us.

Our Current Situation Screen10

the funny part is that he says "why watch gxws crumble down", yet he still keeps logging back into the forum. he should change his name to Hacksaberjr because he is a no good hack.

i may be a dick to all of you, but i aint fake.
TheRealAvric
TheRealAvric
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:44 am

Kevin Zulli wrote:call me paranoid but maybe the other gms agreed to do this because they knew itll fuck with us

So I did some snooping on the TWG forum, and you aren't exactly inaccurate. From what I can tell, the GMs wanted smaller rosters so "more people could be spread across Feds". And the penalties would discourage large rosters, which we definitely had.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  a.j. hale Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:02 pm

So what this means if GXWS is back up and running
a.j. hale
a.j. hale
World champion
World champion