GXWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirty Laundry (long topic)

+4
Kevin Zulli
Syrius Krash
defjam
GM The Bouncer
8 posters

Go down

Dirty Laundry (long topic) Empty Dirty Laundry (long topic)

Post  GM The Bouncer Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:59 pm

Have something that you want to rant about in relation to the TWG federation system? Feel free to use this topic. Vent anything you want out... or don't!!

Last edited by GM The Bouncer on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

https://gxwswrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dirty Laundry (long topic) Empty Re: Dirty Laundry (long topic)

Post  GM The Bouncer Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:09 am

Don't mind if I do!! I'll start off. Back during the first run of GXWS, we had to deal with lots of BS. For one thing, they deleted an entire PPV after it was pretty much already done (the first ever Whiplash!). I had barely any time to work on an entire PPV from scratch. This was because they were doing some testing of a new skin on TWG, and the website freaked out. As if they couldn't hold their testing one week until the end of the season. Season breaks were about 3-4 weeks at the time. Fast forward to the Retribution II season. It was going pretty solid, but one genius decided it would be a good idea to have a "multi-account sweep" in the middle of a season, so hundreds of accounts got deleted, including two tag champs and our world champ. We also lost a couple of other roster members in the process. Because of that, we had to make an abrupt change to the ending of the PPV because back then, you could receive warnings for using the names of former TWG accounts.

And here we are in modern TWG. I thought things in that sense would be a little different. I thought Abdel would have evolved into a more competent leader. I won't say that he isn't competent, but I'll let you be the judge. Take a look at how he handles situations.

Dirty Laundry (long topic) Screen42
Dirty Laundry (long topic) Screen41

Spoiler:

EDIT: There is another gem that I missed! At the end of 2019, GM Irish Wolfhound even asked if there was to be anything that we should be aware of. Check the responses out.

Dirty Laundry (long topic) Screen45

Beautiful. Absolutely no response from Abdel or any GMLs in this topic, yet we were supposedly aware of the contract changes.

Last edited by GM The Bouncer on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to add the last screenshot by Irish Wolfhound)
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:17 am

In relation to the contract penalties, here is how things went down. The GML (General Freedom) asked each individual GM what they thought about adding a penalty for unfulfilled appearances. I obviously answered that I was against it and gave my reasoning that it discourages larger rosters and we would have to keep pumping out a show every single week until May, where we would only get like 2 weeks off. I did not hear about it again until a couple of weeks ago when they pretty much just say "Hey, we are implementing the contract penalties right now, so enjoy this huge penalty". I believe every fed was in the negatives at that point. That's when Jonny Hurricane created the topic on the GM forum and Abdel gave that very professional response.

My favorite part is "I thought those who were in favor were already prepared for the change". Firstly, it means that the people who were in favor of it are just supposed to read their minds because there was absolutely no communication between them asking every GM and them implementing it in the middle of a season. Secondly, they don't even acknowledge the ones who were opposed (probably was just me though lol), so there's also that.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 am

Generating matches is a chore, especially multi-man matches, and there aren't even any ways of adding special match types (LMS, Hardcore, Ambulance, etc.) because all you can do is toggle if the match can end by pinfall, submission, KO, forfeit, and count-out. In that sense, the old GM panel was better because you can create the different match types. I will give this new panel credit though that you can actually have multi-man matches, as flawed as they do turn out. Anyways, take a look at this other gem. BDD makes excellent points about how much extra work GMs have to put in because the panel itself is so buggy and broken.

Dirty Laundry (long topic) Screen43
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 am

Awesome points by BDD, right? Abdel does "respond" to it. Let's see what he has to say to him.

Dirty Laundry (long topic) Screen44

Completely glosses over the points BDD made, and instead only addresses the tiniest paragraph in the entire post. Just a throwaway comment, and that's all he says. Then he starts saying that we should devise a plan to make roleplaying desirable again. Well, since all those months ago, there has only been one thing proposed to GMs, and that is the contract penalties, which in no way affects RPing and only hurts feds. That was the solution to feds not being in the forefront. Let's punish GMs for having large rosters.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:39 am

With all that said, I will never complain about the work I put into GXWS. Heck, even dealing with people like Abdel, some GMs hating me, and a certain someone who quits in the middle of their title reign because they don't want to drop it to a certain someone else, I would do it all over again. Negatives like these are outweighed by the positives that we had. Watching y'all coalesce and help put on fantastic shows was a blessing, and I am grateful to have spent this time with you guys. You all made this run so much easier, and I thank you guys. If it was some crap roster filled with a bunch of lazy people who only RPed when they felt like it, we probably would have folded much earlier for reasons other than the higher-ups adding "features" in the middle of a season. You guys kept GXWS alive, and I thank you.

Feel free to leave any gripes with anyone that you have. If you do plan on becoming a GM, here is what you can expect. Abdel was like this 8 years ago, so it'll probably be much of the same when/if any of you decide to GM because he does not change. If you have any questions for me, shoot 'em here. I be fully transparent. I've got nothing to hide.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:40 am

And as it stands, we are currently 114,540 FEs in debt, so we cannot run any shows anyways.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  defjam Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:30 am

Reading this has made me actually angry. Like quitting on TWG level angry. I wish I had the skillset, knowledge, time, and energy to put out a game like TWG run by people who give a damn about the people playing because this is just sad and pathetic. TWG used to be fun, inside and out and then they decided to make "improvements" that really only make things worse. I know AJ wants me to join him to his new fed but it almost feels like whats the point. Rping and storytelling is something i truly love doing but it feels like a wasted talent when everytime i find a fed i actually enjoy rping for, some shit like this happens. And with not even a shred of mercy or decency. So now loads of new, inexperienced rpers will probably be cut with no chance of development because id imagine this stupid rule would inspire feds to want to look for more strong talent. Fuck man, fuck Abdel, Fuck TWG, Fuck any GMs who voted for this stupid shit and Fuck TWG. Rant over-
defjam
defjam
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrius Krash Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:15 am

God, Abdel sounds like an absolute freaking tool. How no one has even bothered to remove him from power is insane. I can't believe someone like him is part of the TWG team.
Syrius Krash
Syrius Krash
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Zulli Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:16 am

lol okay abdel is still pretty messed up. at least you dont have to deal with him anymore Razz

i hope GXWS does come back but abdel will probably still be in charge then because he sleeps with maxolino and tullo.
Kevin Zulli
Kevin Zulli
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:49 pm

I remember back when Maxo and Tullo actively played while talking to see what needed to be fixed etc.

ABDEL isn’t fit for a leadership role. Maybe a HR guy lol
Draco
Draco
Main eventer
Main eventer

Back to top Go down

Post  a.j. hale Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 am

I agree with everyone here Abdel has ruined our show and should be remove from power and let us do our GXWS shows and everything we have built for
a.j. hale
a.j. hale
World champion
World champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Musashi Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 am

Lol thanks for puutting up with all this stuff for us!

GM The Bouncer wrote: and a certain someone who quits in the middle of their title reign because they don't want to drop it to a certain someone else

since you want to be transparent can you say backstory of this? Very Happy
Musashi
Musashi
Lower Mid-Carder
Lower Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Damn lol, aiight here it is. That was in reference to Sam Haze, who started off as a VGM here who would help out with commentary. Was solid for about a month or so. I gave him full creative control over his character, feuds, and matches. He ended up winning the True Talent Championship with himself, and even his alt (Broken Wade). Suddenly, he started flaking on the commentary. Every show I would get the "I'll make it up to you next time" response. I removed him as a VGM because I wanted to alleviate the pressure of having to add commentary. In fact, commentary was almost completely scrapped at this moment to make things easier for him, Connor, and myself since shows were becoming larger and larger.

Some time near the end of his run here, I sent him a contract extension, which he declined and said that we have nothing to offer him anymore. He then proceeded to delete his contract and join another fed about an hour afterwards. I didn't fight to keep him because I am not desperate for people with diva personalities. Although it does suck that people can act this way still in 2019 when federations are not as relevant in TWG and we all should work together.

My main gripe with this is that he was champion at the time and we were getting ready for his big showdown with Supreme King. The conclusion I reached was that since he didn't think very highly of Supreme King (for whatever reason), he did not want to drop the title to him. He requested that I just vacate the title instead of having him drop it to someone, but that was not going to happen because he had lots of momentum and it was going to be a huge win for Supreme King at our biggest PPV, NGNG. Instead, Haze quit mid-story, and I instead had to transfer his momentum to Daddy Rump by having him bury Haze. Then Rump would lose to Supreme King at NGNG two weeks later.

Since I found it suspicious that Haze joined another fed right after he deleted his GXWS contract, I respectfully contacted the other GM to see what's up because I do care about our roster:

"Hey man, not trying to cause any problems, but I feel like I should at least ask. Have you been trying to recruit people while they are under contract with me?"

He has deleted or restarted his wrestler or something, so I lost his message, but oh boy was that rich. He sent me a nasty message and accused me of trying to steal his wrestlers (classic deflection maneuver), then told me to never message him again. I messaged him again:

Alright bro, was just asking, but it's all good. Sorry if you feel that we have beef or anything. Keep up the good work with the shows!!

And that's that. Haze has since left that federation after not RPing, probably because he was supposed to lose to a good RPer there too or something. I hope I covered all grounds with this story, but if not y'all are free to ask. I hope you guys don't think I just buried him for no reason or out of pettiness. Like I said, I am fully transparent right now.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrius Krash Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:10 pm

This might seem like an out of the blue question: but i'm curious lol:

In the "Confessions" thread (https://gxwswrestling.forumotion.com/t2811-confessions) it says on of the confessions was removed for storyline purposes

And then reading the replies, were you actually Avric? Just curious lol, Avric has poked his head in a few times during my stay here yet hasn't seemed to actually participate in any storylines as of late.
Syrius Krash
Syrius Krash
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  GM The Bouncer Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:35 pm

Ahh yes one of the great mysteries lmao, here's the explanation.

In a future storyline some time down the road, Avric would return and somehow weasel himself to become a VGM. He'll have lots of authority and I wouldn't be able to fire him for whatever reason. He would suspend A.J. Hale for a few weeks. Avric or one of his representatives would win the GXWS Championship and would continue to hold it by dirty means until Hale would save the federation in an all or nothing match. A possibility of him getting into power would be me secretly having conversations with him and being blackmailed.

Yes, I was Avric during some stints in the past incarnation of GXWS, but Avric is his own person. I removed it due to "storyline purposes" because that topic was near the top of the Announcements section of the forum at the time, so people may read it and be reminded of everything, and I wanted to surprise people when the big reveal would happen. Also, he did help with storylines here, just not as himself. He provided RPs as characters such as Sweep, URT, Dish Guy, and all of The Baddock Brothers.
GM The Bouncer
GM The Bouncer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrius Krash Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Ahhhhh, that explains the immense hatred for Hale that he has, XD
Syrius Krash
Syrius Krash
Mid-Carder
Mid-Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Electrify Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 pm

We need a GXWS shoot interview series where I bury the roster
Electrify
Electrify
Upper-Mid Carder
Upper-Mid Carder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down